DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS / HIP JOINT COLLOQUIA / SEMINARS
HIP seminar room A315
- Tuesday 28 March 2017 at 10.15 in A315: Brandon DiNunno (Austin)
Relaxation of non-local probes in AdS/CFT
Abstract: I will discuss the late-time evolution of non-local observables in an expanding, boost-invariant strongly coupled plasma via Holography. Focusing on first and second order dissipative Bjorken hydrodynamics, we compute the late-time behavior of two-point functions, Wilson loops and entanglement entropies analytically. We find universal formulae for the relaxation of such probes in conformal field theories with a gravity dual in the limit of infinite coupling. We then generalize our findings to finite coupling by studying Gauss-Bonnet gravity as well as alpha’ corrections.
- Thursday 27 April 2017 at 10.15 in A315: Jens Andersen (Trondheim)
QCD in strong magnetic fields
Abstract: QCD in strong magnetic fields is relevant for compact stars, heavy-ion collisions, and the early universe. In this talk I will discuss our current understanding of the thermodynamics of QCD in a constant magnetic background. I will focus on magnetic catalysis at T=0 and inverse magnetic catalysis around the chiral transition in the context of low-energy models (Nambu-Jona-Lasinio and quark-meson models with and without the Polyakov loop) and lattice QCD.
- Thursday 4 May 2017 at 10.15 in A315: Hannu Paukkunen (Jyväskylä)
- Tuesday 9 May 2017 at 10.15 in A315: Jim Olsen (Princeton, CERN)
- Tuesday 6 June 2017 at 10.15 in A315: Daniel Fernández (Reykjavik)
- Tuesday 13 June 2017 at 10.15 in A315: Kent Yagi (Princeton)
Hopefully the up to 50 min + 10 min discussion long seminar/colloquium will be understandable to a wide audience.
Contacts: Keijo Kajantie (keijo kajantie at helsinki fi) [department / HIP seminar],
Francesco Montanari (francesco montanari at helsinki fi) [cosmo seminar]
Other related seminars