Project leader: Saku Mäkinen
The FBC offers extensive support to entrepreneurs aiming to radically change current state-of-affairs utilizing leading-edge technologies.
FBC is looking for
The FBC works closely with partner universities operating HIP and expertise surrounding these universities in start-up scene. These actors include venture capitalists, StartupSauna, DEmola/New Factory, industry actors, etc. The most important part of the FBC operation though is the collaboration with CERN and its experts.
We are looking for researchers, entrepreneurs and SMEs with potentially disruptive technological innovations that have opportunities significantly alter current value offered in marketplace. See Applying linkkifor details.
FBC is hosted under the Technology Programme at HIP. It has contact points at each partner university of HIP. Each university has their experts and local network of expertise creating incubation environments perfect for supporting business growth.
FBC provides a package of leading-edge knowledge from CERN, funding and business support to accelerate business concepts based on innovative technological development, including:
- Access up to CERN scientists and technical expertise
- Preferential CERN intellectual property agreements
- All accepted proposals are will have FBC arrange 40 kEUR of total funding for use on intellectual property protection, design, prototyping, business development, market studies etc
- Access to funding, collaboration and networking opportunities through FBC’s HIP partner universities’ and CERN network
Applying to FBC’s program
FBC accepts any high-tech entrepreneur, researcher, group of researchers or small start-up company looking to develop innovative products and services from technologies that could gain additional advantage of the link with CERN developed technologies. Applicants do not have to have a previous relationship with CERN to apply for the scheme.
Interested in applying? See if you meet the following criteria:
- You have an innovative, technology driven idea
- Disruptive potential
- Idea induces ecosystem change
Your idea is based on applying technologies in gaining advantage of links with technologies such as but not limited to:
- Accelerator beam
- Cooling and ventilation
- Electrical Power Converters
- High performance detectors
- ICT (high-performance computing, algorithms, networking etc)
- Surfaces and Coatings
- Industrial Controls and Engineering
- Safety engineering
- Radio Frequency Technology
- Materials science
- Mechanical Engineering
Your idea of utilizing CERN related technologies can be related to initiatives based on technologies developed at CERN or with CERN’s direct contribution, or technologies of interest to CERN and similar facilities, or your idea could clearly benefit from the support of CERN experts in the technical knowledge areas listed above.